Dynatrace doubles cluster capacity and adds more options for enterprise
Dynatrace has doubled the capacity of a Dynatrace cluster enabling it to scale up to 50K hosts while maintaining system performance. This update is crucial in meeting increasing web-scale, multi-cloud requirements, the company says.
In addition to doubling the capacity, Dynatrace now supports the clustering of clusters, including cross-cluster distributed tracing, analytics and management to deliver AI-powered observability, automation and intelligence for customers operating even the largest multi-cloud environments.
Web-scale environments were a rarity a few years ago but are now becoming commonplace as enterprises shift from static, on-premises data centres to dynamic, multi-cloud architectures with highly distributed microservices workloads, the company says.
Companies in industries from financial services, healthcare, ecommerce, technology and more are growing their environments beyond their current monitoring systems ability to keep up, Dynatrace states.
In addition, growth in complexity is outpacing their teams ability to identify and understand anomalies and correct performance and availability issues in a timely fashion.
Dynatrace product management SVP Steve Tack says, “We are seeing a growing number of our customers across industries evolving rapidly to web-scale cloud.
“Driven by the shift of their data centres to the cloud and growing cloud-native workloads, it’s not hard to imagine hundreds, even thousands of web-scale enterprise clouds in the not too distant future.
“These environments require a transformational approach, which is why we reinvented our platform several years ago to stay a step ahead of the market and provide our customers with the high-fidelity observability, smart automation and real-time intelligence they need without compromise. We continue to push the boundaries on scalability and robustness as we continuously enhance our platform.”
According to Dynatrace, key capabilities provided by the company include:
- Automated discovery and instrumentation: Single agent instrumentation automatically and continuously discovers microservices, components and processes across the full cloud stack networks, infrastructure, applications and users and continuously maps dependencies in real-time.
- Scale-out cloud native architecture: Dynatrace scales to 50k hosts in a single cluster while maintaining a common view across clusters of traceability, analytics and governance to provide intelligent observability for large enterprise cloud environments.
- High fidelity distributed tracing and cross-cluster analytics: Dynatrace delivers high fidelity distributed tracing in the context of all transactions across clusters and a single management dashboard regardless of cluster location.
- AI-powered answers: The Dynatrace explainable AI engine, Davis processes billions of dependencies in real-time, delivering the ability to go beyond metrics, logs and traces to provide instant and precise answers to issues at scale, 24/7.
- Role-based governance for global teams: With Management Zones, Dynatrace enables fine-grained access across applications and zones for secure, distributed management of shared cloud environments by multiple teams.