Google launches business growth apps
Google has released nine new apps that it says will help your business grow as well as better manage increasing amounts of data.
“As your business grows, so does the complexity of managing projects, securing data, tracking resource usage, and communicating with co-workers,” says Harrison Shih, Google Apps Marketplace Team. “We are excited to announce nine new installable apps in the Google Apps Marketplace that can help ensure that your business growth doesn't outpace your technological capabilities.”
After taking another pop at Microsoft’s Patch Tuesday (“So instead of patching servers and updating desktop-based software today”), Shih explained that the new apps offer single sign-on functionality so users can start using them right from the navigation bar in Google Apps.
“Some have additional integrations with Gmail, Calendar, Docs and other apps, which makes these Marketplace apps more powerful than comparable stand-alone offerings,” he said.
Google Apps Premier, Education and Standard Edition administrators can easily install Marketplace applications.
The firm says that because projects have a potential to grow out of control and lose focus, it’s included a series of project, communication, time, and task-specific management apps in this latest launch.
- DeskAway is a simple, yet powerful web-based project collaboration tool that streamlines the way you and your team work by giving you an accurate view of project progress and tackling some common problems that occur when multiple people are collaborating.
- Acunote is an online project management software. It helps you manage projects, products and requirements, track progress, realistically predict completion dates and analyse company productivity.
- RescueTime is an automatic time and attention tracker that helps teams work smarter. It is widely used by a range of companies and now has user and team sync for Google Apps accounts, plus a real time stats gadget in Gmail.
- ToBeeDo is an online task management service. The familiar, fast and intuitive interface helps you to organise your workflow and it doesn’t require any setup.
- Ketera is a network that simultaneously offers savings for business buyers and online sales opportunities for B2B suppliers to help members discover new trading partners and market insights, aiding in billions of dollars in transactions every year.
And these are the apps that aim to help you manage mounds of internal and external information.
- FormLizard is for when you need paperwork completed properly. You and your customers can complete forms, contracts, and more online, giving you complete, accurate, legible, and professional paperwork every time.
- LumoFlow provides social collaboration workspaces for enterprises to manage projects, share documents and keep teams in sync. It also helps connect global business operations and manage joint projects with partners and customers.
- MangoSpring Collaboration Suite seamlessly integrates all the MangoApps to provide next generation collaboration experience. Each MangoApp solves an important part of the business workflow.
- Backupify provides secure, scalable, and automatic backup for your Gmail, Docs, Calendar, Contacts, and Sites. You can securely access and manage archives of backups from any web browser.
If you download any of the new apps, let us know how you're using them to help grow your business.
You can catch up on the previous set of 10 business apps here.